Tuesday 30 April 2013

Funny for Money: 15th March 2013



Kangaroos Pre School Nursery School Children celebrate & support Comic Relief



Explorer's Youth Group in Melbourne host a 'onesies' night to raise money for Comic Relief

Local Children made a difference for Comic Relief this year, with a range of fund raising activities to help support red nose day.



Pre School children from ‘Kangaroos Jump Ahead Learning’ dressed in Red for & and entered the quiz to see which hair style Jessie J would sport after shaving her head all to raise money for the charity.
They also entered into the spirit of the theme – ‘Funny for Money’ and made funny facemasks that they wore.  (Picture)






Later in the day the Explorers Youth Group hosted a ‘Onesies’ night at the United Reform Church in Melbourne, to support Comic Relief. (Picture).
The Explorers Youth group is run by Emma Sharratt & Thomas Hackett who organize fun activities for children aged 11 – 15, one mother commented that it is the best youth group in and around Melbourne.
The group meet on a Friday at the United Reform Church from 6pm – 7.45 newcomers are welcome.





Comic Relief originally hosted by Jonathan Ross and Lenny Henry, has been making a difference for the past 25 years for children both in this Country and Abroad, it raised £74 million last year and has topped this amount in 2013 by raising over £75 million.

Summary:
As the Editor was away this week, I emailed him to ask if he wanted me to cover the comic relief fundrasing events around Melbourne. I did not get a reply from him but decided to cover them just in case s I felt it was an event that should be covered by the Village Voice.
I chose two events - primarily because I had contacts in both and I knew they were having an event.
I took several of the pre school children, I have worked here before & new the venue and the lighting. It is a fairly big space and the children were willing and co operative to the idea of a photoshoot.
In the evening I went to the United Reform Church where the Explorers meet on a weekly basis, I have taken images here for the Fashion show a couple of days ago so knew the location and the lighting. This was an easy shoot to complete and the lighting was easily bounced off the ceiling.

Both shoots were simple to carry out and completed within a short period of time. I think that this is in part due to a prior knowledge of the venue and also feeling more confident in my ability to capture the image. As I continue to carry out assignment, my confidence is growing in talking to and directing people to get the shot I need, and also in my photographic skills and ability.

The Editorial I wrote was used and both Editorial and images were published on the front page of the April Village Voice.

Equipment:
Canon 50d, canon EX430 II Flash  hand held
1/125sec; f/8' 33mm
1/125sec; f/8; 34mm

debraburgess-lim LRPS





1 comment:

  1. Its always great to see the comic relief efforts. You have captured the children's emotions brilliantly

    ReplyDelete